Tuesday, August 21, 2012

is it fall yet?

I'm effing tired.

Everyone seems to think that I'm effing tired because I work 60-70 hrs a week.  We've been through this, folks.  I work 60-70 hrs a week because I'm obsessed, not because scienceownsmysoulomgfml.  I gave my soul to Science freely.

I'm effing tired because it's effing hot outside and I bike every day.  I'm effing tired because I have Crohn's disease.  I'm effing tired because the most horrifying and consuming tragedy I have ever experienced has been looming over me for the last 6 months and threatens indefiniteness.  And I'm effing tired because my entire lab seems to think that I don't contribute beyond my own projects (even though I do most of the lab-wide organization and cleaning up after people), and that I have no idea what I'm talking about (even though I have more experience with most techniques than anyone else and am actually quite good at what I do, despite the Jack Sparrow facade).  Perhaps I need to be more outspoken about my menial daily achievements?..

So before you tell me that I look exhausted and need to take time off of work, please consider that my work is one of 2 things (the second being H.K.) that is keeping me from a serious mental and physical breakdown.  Plz.  Thx.  Much love.

On a less snarky note, I got a SfN sponsored travel award to go to the conference in October.  Yay!

1 comment: