Thursday, September 13, 2012

Invisible Illness Awareness Week: Lucky Ones

We are the lucky ones who are well enough to work and to follow our dreams in any measure.

During Invisible Illness Awareness Week, I am reminded again of how fortunate I am to be in graduate school, and to be able to do what I love and be [somewhat] content with my performance.

With no exception, I am inspired by everyone I meet or read who works so hard to best their invisible illness throughout the day, each and every day.  From the gentleman fighting MS who I met in the infusion clinic to fellow bloggers with crohn's, fibromyalgia, migraines or lupus to my best friend who owns her lyme disease.  These folks are my inspiration.  They feed my urge to work harder and take advantage of my "health", and they remind me that I am not alone in my confused and frustrated negotiations with my immune system.


No comments:

Post a Comment