Wednesday, May 12, 2010

meet Julienne...

I christened my Julienne peeler this evening.  Simply, I am in love.  I must now find every peelable vegetable that might potentially be Julienned into vegeghetti.  My first experiment, courtesy of H.K.'s sexy 50mm f/1.4 Nikon from the 80s, sports Ragapesto chicken on a bed of zucchini with oat bread (aren't I posh).  Next; carrots, broccoli stems, yellow squash, potato, turnip, parsnip... what am I missing?

Methods
1.  defrost chicken (what? I need to be reminded to do this)
2.  Ragapesto: mix 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp cumin, 1tsp garlic, 2 tsp basil and 1tbsp lime juice in mini dish
3.  wash and julienne [veges of choice]
4.  toss chicken in pan with 2 tsp olive oil (substitute broth for oil if flaring)
5.  toss julienned [veges of choice] in another pan with 2 tsp olive oil (or broth) and add salt and pepper
6.  when cooked, spread Ragapesto generously over chicken and place over sautéed [vege of choice] on an aesthetically awesometastic plate
7.  serve with toast and... honestly, almost any wine -- a Zinfandel or Sauvignon Blanc, if I must be choosy.


No comments:

Post a Comment