Sunday, November 29, 2009

Remicade Round IV

Why Round IV was grand:

1.  They started me on a fancy new protocol last night for the super cool patients who have gone three infusions with no "problems".  Instead of coming in every 15 minutes to increase my rate, they're starting me off at full throttle and letting me run the 2.5 hours.  Apparently, this makes almost no difference to me in terms of time consumption, but saves the nurses the hassle of coming into my room every 15 minutes.  I am an awesome patient.

2.  No Benadryl or Tylenol.  This is also the first time I've appeared for my appointment without being high on painkillers or in raging pain.  Awesome.  Next time I'll be able to drive myself and spare H.B. the wasted four hours of his life (which he insists he does not consider as such, but who wants to spend Saturday evening sitting in a hospital bed entertaining their girlfriend?).

3.  Seinfeld was on for a bit.

4.  There was leftover stuffing for supper when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment